Thursday, November 21, 2013

Competition Prep and Diet

It's been a few weeks since I last updated here. Rather than make a long and boring post regaling you with sets, reps and weight, I'll try to summarize. The meet is rapidly approaching in about two and a half weeks. We went through our last week of heavy singles with some ups and downs. Deadlift has still been a struggle lately and I wasn't able to get past the 430 lbs barrier again. Bench press went well with a competition pause max of 190. I'm confident that I'll have 195 at the meet at least. I maintained my squat at 350 lbs, but couldn't quite squeeze out the 360 attempt though I also believe that is in reach as well.



This was 350. Very clean without too much struggle. I could have had a little more depth though.

To add to this, I dropped a bit of weight over the last month or so, going from around 203 to 194-195. I'm trying to stay under 198 for this meet and then after it's game on for bulk mode! I haven't really said anything about my diet on here, but if you're looking for a relatively simple vegan bulk plan then this worked for me over the course of the last year or so. I went from around 155 to 203 on this basic template:

7 am - 1 Cup Rolled Oats and occasionally toast with peanut butter and jam

9 am - 12 oz non-dairy milk with 2 tbsp of peanut/almond butter and 1 scoop of Now Foods Pea Protein

11 am - Usually I would eat dinner leftovers from the night before so this varied greatly

1 pm - 12 oz non-dairy milk with 2 tbsp of peanut/almond butter and 1 scoop of Now Foods Pea Protein

3 pm - Builder Bar

6 pm - Dinner, I'm lucky enough to be married to a great cook who makes amazing meals for me each evening. I recommend you vary your main meals as much as possible. Buy a cookbook like The Veganomicon or something along those lines.

8 pm - Occasionally I would have a PBJ sandwich around this time.

Throughout the day: I would cycle out snacks with pumpkin seeds, trail mix, almonds, veggies + hummus etc.

I have since cleaned some of this up by replacing the oats in the morning with a tofu and tempeh scrambler that I make a giant batch of over the weekend. I've also cut out the builder bar in the afternoon. If I have a snack then, it's usually a field roast frank or something along those lines.

1 comment:

  1. The stuff in this blog is in not only incredible but also providing the great knowledge to the people. forklift train the trainer certification

    ReplyDelete